Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Random Bits Regarding Avengers 2

Edit: HOLD THE PHONE. HOLY. CANNOLI. This whole post has now been rendered pointless, as the official teaser trailer for Avengers: Age of Ultron was leaked online, so Marvel has "officially" released it 6 days early. Here 'tis! (You can keep reading, if you want. ;-) )



So, as I explained to someone recently, the blogging half of my brain is slightly scrambled. I have spent the last 4 weeks reading and reacting volatilely to Wuthering Heights, reading and crying happy tears over Emma, and reading and feeling warm nostalgia over Sherlock Holmes: The Hound of the Baskervilles. Not to mention the reality half of my brain has been chasing a potential job, the annual church convention, menu plans, new wheels and tires, and my 'read the Bible in a year' chart.

I'm basically a week behind on sleep, blogging, reading, emails, and good sense. In cases such as these, we find ourselves reverting to mindless entertainment such as trying to decipher my Tumblr dash for the 1456th time or scrolling through your friend's relationship drama on Facebook.

Only this time, for once in my life, Facebook actually gave me something useful:




Upon reading this, I promptly barreled up the stairs and informed the 18 and 20 year old proprietors of the household's sole TV that, come Hades or high water, they were being kicked off the TV at 8 p.m. next Tuesday. 

(Eh, I share bandwidth with their daily online Call of Duty sessions, so they're not suffering in the least.)

Obviously, I'm slightly excited about this movie. I've been keeping tabs on it for the last year and a half, or at least since I discovered IMDb had something called a 'watchlist.' I have cautiously high expectations for it, but then I really know nothing about critiquing a movie, so I'll probably be happy with it no matter how it turns out.

But I know that some of you are looking forward to this movie, too. So I thought I might share some random Internet things pertaining to AAoU that I have found.

The official synopsis, as released by Marvel Studios, is such:

"When Tony Stark tries to jumpstart a dormant peacekeeping program, things go awry and Earth's Mightiest Heroes, including Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, The Incredible Hulk, Black Widow and Hawkeye, are put to the ultimate test as the fate of the planet hangs in the balance. As the villainous Ultron emerges, it is up to The Avengers to stop him from enacting his terrible plans, and soon uneasy alliances and unexpected action pave the way for a global adventure."

There are certainly several ways you could go with that. Here we have the epicly amazing wonderfully cool poster/artwork released at SDCC 2014:


Also from San Diego, Marvel's booth had four rather interesting props:

L to R, top to bottom: a glove from the Hulkbuster, Mark I of Ultron, Cap's shield (uh, broken, no less--what is up with that?!?!), and Loki's sceptre (at least part of it?)

They also had Black Widow's new bike on display:


She always gets the coolest toys. Oh, and then there's my newest personal favorite. I give you Jeremy Renner, in full Hawkeye gear, wearing the mask from one of Scarlet Johansson's three (!) stunt doubles:


I can't decide whether that's awesomely hilarious or nightmare-inducing.

And for our little finale......this is part of the trailer(s) shared at SDCC. I hope I don't get in trouble for this, but I didn't record it, so.....I don't know. Anyways, this is an audio recording of the trailers/clips/short things with drawings of the accompanying action. I did not record this, and did not do the drawings, but it's pretty great nonetheless.

(Watch it all the way to the last minute.) That last line..."There are no more strings...on me."

Cue screams and faints.

No comments:

Post a Comment