Wednesday, December 10, 2014

If The Night is Burning I Will Cover My Eyes


#HollensPlusTolkien, Day 2

"I See Fire" from The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug


Talk about an earworm. This song didn't really click with me until about 6 months after Peter produced it, but once I got hooked, I couldn't stop singing it for days. Again, I'm amazed at how the lyrics carry a pretty sad tone, and yet the music gives it the feel of a rousing battle cry.

I learned something new with this post, though, and it's that Peter did a second take with this song, too. Like "Misty Mountains", he did a duet with violinist Jun Sung Ahn.


Personally, I don't like this one as much as the a cappella, because you lose the amazing beginning vocals. Still, the violin is beautiful, and you don't lose any of the emotion of the music.

A cappella

With violin

No comments:

Post a Comment