Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Sunflower Blogger Award

I have been nominated by Hamlette, of the immensely charming Hamlette's Soliloquy, for a Sunflower Blogger Award. How kind!

Here are the rules:

1. Share 11 facts about yourself.
2. Answer the questions set by your Nomination Blogger
3. Nominate 11 bloggers.
4. Set questions for the nominated bloggers.

My 11 random facts:
1. I have never been to the ocean. The closest I've been was Chesapeake Bay.
2. I have no known allergies. Yet.
3. I am a firstborn daughter. So is my mother, both my grandmothers and one of my great-grandmothers.
4. I absolutely cannot stand Mt. Dew or The Princess Bride.
5. I've moved 4 times since I was born.
6. I taught myself to read when I was 4. I decided I wanted to read the Reader's Digest.
7. I started writing a book when I was 13. I wrote 5 chapters and then quit because the whole thing sounded dumb.
8. I've always wanted to marry a guy with dark hair because Disney's Prince Charming has dark hair.
9. I've been afraid of Peter Pan ever since I was 14.
10. I relax by washing the day's dishes and listening to my Michael Buble Pandora. Weird, I know.
11. I used to play clarinet, flute and piano, but then I started college, and quit practicing.

My answers to Hamlette's questions:
1. If you had to spend the rest of your life in a different century of Earth's past, where would you spend it?
I would like to spend the rest of my life in the 1900s. I would want to start at 1900 and go from there. I think it would be interesting to experience all the new inventions coming about, and I love the progression of the fashions.

2. What's your favorite salad dressing?
It was Thousand Island for the longest time. As I've gotten older though, I'm growing really fond of Italian.

3. What's the worst movie (that you liked least) you saw in 2013?

I have no idea what movie. I only watch movies I like. :-)

4. Do you paint your toenails?

I have in the past, but not regularly. It's against house rules, which aren't bad enough to make me want to move out. :-)

5. What are your three favorite TV shows?
It changes depending on the time of year. Right now, it's Castle, Bones and The Voice. However, I nearly cried when ABC canceled Body of Proof. I LOVED that one. Oh, and I have a love/hate relationship with The Blacklist. Reddington messes with my mind, but James Spader is a stinkin' genius.

6. Are there any books or movies you own more than one copy of?  If so, what are they?
The Bible, obviously. Other than that, I don't know what my answer would be for this either. I don't like having duplicate books. Movies? I think we have the DVDs and VHSs for the whole Ma and Pa Kettle series. Great movies.

And I nominate these fabulous bloggers...

My other mother, Niki, at For Journey's Sake
Hannah, from One of Ten and Lovin' It
Ashley, from Keepin' Up With Ashley and Cody
Randi, from A Modern Day Fairy Tale
Malinda, from A Gift Worth the Wait
Jeremy and Monica, from A Walk in the Parks with 65 Roses
My dear friend, Maria, from Attitude Check
Maria, or Angie, from Afterglow
Miss Raquel, from God's Daughter
Jennifer, from Missions Mama
Andrew and Stephanie, from Who Can Stand

...to answer these fabulous questions!

1. What's the most painful accident you've ever had?
2. Mustard or Ketchup?
3. Who is your favorite superhero?
4. Dogs or Cats?
5. What's your least favorite color?
6. What was your favorite childhood toy?
7. What Bible story or character is most relevant to you right now?


Play along, or feel free to smile like Lady Catherine de Bourgh and drive along in your little phaeton and ponies. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment